Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Modern Man


I was reading an article today in a "Canadian Parenting" magazine about Fathers. One of the points it made was how things have changed in our generation from when our Fathers were parents. It used to be that they worked 9 to 5, came home, sat down and had a beer and watched TV while their wives made supper. In our generation a man would be sleeping on the couch for that behaviour or maybe outside. I have to say I am glad to be part of the new generation! I am happy to be with a man who is an involved parent and who helps take care of the home. Tonight was a good example of the new generation. Darren barbecued and then played with the kids after supper. The kids were laughing and wrestling with him, the house was very loud but with happy noise. Later in the evening Darren took Jade to soccer practise while I stayed home with Nate. Thank God for my modern man!!!
Above is a picture of Darren working on a patio area at the back of our yard. He did an excellent job! I will have to post some finished pictures soon.