Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cottage picture of my two scientists checking out a spider web.

This morning Nate, Jade and I went down to the mall to run some errands. We stopped at a kids store and Jade got the chance to try on some fancy dresses for a family wedding that is coming up. She felt like a princess and looked beautiful. I was thrilled when we made our choice and brought one home. Not long ago purchasing a dress like that would have been an extra I could not have afforded.

Today I spend a couple of hours at CHEO with my daughter Jade. I was so impressed with the Doctor. She spend an hour with us and left no stone unturned. We also had swabs, blood tests and X-rays done. If there is a problem this Doctor will find it! Jade mentioned to me on the drive home that she was glad that she lived in a country that has a good medical system. My girl is so right. What a blessing and what an amazing thing to have such a great children's hospital in our home town. One of those things I take for granted normally but not today.

Tonight we spend the evening at the beach. Darren was training and Nate played while I kept a watchful eye. It was a fun night!