Sunday, March 16, 2008

March break illness

March break activities came to a grinding halt for our family on Monday evening. Nathan woke up with the croup. The importance of his breathing, fever, food intake, vomiting and how to successfully give him medicine took over from all our planned activities. Darren and I have gone back to the baby stage with Nate where we are getting up every night to take care of his needs; we are now on day six. Not to be to left out Jade has joined the ranks of the ill also battling a fever and bad cough. Definitely an illness that her brother shared. School starts tomorrow and the question of whether they will return is still up in the air. I have my fingers and toes crossed. It is difficult to keep a busy three year old entertained and the return to school and his friends would be great.
As I am typing this blog my busy boy is running around behind me opening and closing every door in site. Desperate for attention and to burn some of that wild boy energy. Maybe he is getting better...the ENERGY is back.