Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Parenting.


I am learning to be a good parent.

Everyday is a challenge.

Every day new joys.

The last couple of months have been a wild ride especially with little Nathan. There are days when I am tired, foul and feel like I have failed. Other days I remember something bright about the day and I go to bed with a smile anticipating the next day.


What I want to create:
I want to be a parent that is in tune to her children and available for them.

I want to be a positive force in their lives and create a home that is a safe place for them to enter.

I want to create dialogue that encourages them to share.

I want to parent with Darren as a strong team that is healthy physically and emotionally.

I need to escape my own childhood good and bad and create a new legacy.


"When you know better, you do better".